Are apples a good source of protein?
Apples are low in sodium, fat, and cholesterol. They don’t offer protein, but apples are a good source of vitamin C and fiber.
Which items are rich in protein?
- lean meats – beef, lamb, veal, pork, kangaroo.
- poultry – chicken, turkey, duck, emu, goose, bush birds.
- fish and seafood – fish, prawns, crab, lobster, mussels, oysters, scallops, clams.
- dairy products – milk, yoghurt (especially Greek yoghurt), cheese (especially cottage cheese)
What is the most protein-rich food?
Here is a list of 20 delicious foods that are high in protein.
- Eggs. Whole eggs are among the healthiest and most nutritious foods available.
- Almonds. Almonds are a popular type of tree nut.
- Chicken breast. Chicken breast is one of the most popular protein-rich foods.
- Cottage cheese.
- Greek yogurt.
What happens if I’m not getting enough protein?
Weakness and Fatigue And over time, a lack of protein can make you lose muscle mass, which in turn cuts your strength, makes it harder to keep your balance, and slows your metabolism. It can also lead to anemia, when your cells don’t get enough oxygen, which makes you tired.
What can I take for protein deficiency?
Protein deficiency is more likely to affect vegans, vegetarians, those over the age of 70, and anyone with a digestive issue like celiac or Crohn’s disease. To treat a protein deficiency, increase your intake of high-protein foods like eggs, salmon, and lentils. Visit Insider’s Health Reference library for more advice.
Should I drink protein?
However, research suggests it doesn’t matter whether you drink a protein shake before or after your workout. Interestingly, your total daily protein intake is what matters most. While protein shakes around workouts and between meals are helpful, make sure you’re getting enough throughout the day.