- 1 What does the word cardio refers to?
- 2 When a person is making cardiovascular gains through aerobic activity they are increasing the amount?
- 3 Which of the following machines in the gym is not used for cardiovascular fitness?
- 4 What is the main difference between free weights and a universal machine?
- 5 How many fitness components are there?
- 6 What are fitness concepts?
- 7 What is physical fitness and examples?
- 8 What are the 8 components of physical fitness?
- 9 What are the 10 components of health related fitness?
- 10 What are the 10 elements of CrossFit?
- 11 What are the four components of physical fitness?
- 12 What are the most important fitness components?
- 13 What is the best measure of fitness?
- 14 What means weight training?
What does the word cardio refers to?
Cardio- is a combining form used like a prefix meaning “heart.” It is used in many medical and scientific terms.
When a person is making cardiovascular gains through aerobic activity they are increasing the amount?
Answer Expert Verified When a person is making cardiovascular gains through aerobic activity they are increasing the amount of oxygen to the heart and lungs. This actually keeps the heart and lungs of a person very healthy. It decreases the chance of heart diseases.
Which of the following machines in the gym is not used for cardiovascular fitness?
Weight machines are NOT used for cardiovascular fitness.
What is the main difference between free weights and a universal machine?
The primary difference between free weights and machines is that machines are fixed in place and only move in certain directions whereas free weights can be moved in any way the user chooses.
How many fitness components are there?
What are fitness concepts?
Components of Physical fitness: Muscular strength, Muscular endurance, Cardiovascular fitness, Motor fitness and Flexibility. Factors Affects of physical fitness. Heredity = The genetic make up of an individual. i.e predetermined the responsiveness of an individual to training.
What is physical fitness and examples?
They keep your heart, lungs, and circulatory system healthy and improve your overall fitness. Examples include brisk walking, jogging, swimming, and biking. Strength, or resistance training, exercises make your muscles stronger. Some examples are lifting weights and using a resistance band.
What are the 8 components of physical fitness?
Terms in this set (8)
- Aerobic exercise. Ability to perform prolonged moderate physical activity involving large muscle groups.
- Agility. Ability to react quickly with fast sure movements.
- Muscular strength.
- Body composition.
10 Components of Fitness
- Cardiorespiratory Endurance.
What are the 10 elements of CrossFit?
CrossFit is not a specialized fitness program but a deliberate attempt to optimize physical competence in each of ten recognized fitness domains. They are Cardiovascular and Respiratory endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, and Accuracy.
What are the four components of physical fitness?
Here are the four main elements of fitness:
- Aerobic Fitness. Aerobic fitness improves overall health and well-being.
- Muscular Fitness. Strength training improves your muscle and bone health, and helps with weight loss.
- Flexibility. Flexibility allows you to move your body freely.
- Stability and Balance.
What are the most important fitness components?
These 5 components are:
- Cardiovascular Endurance.
- Muscular Endurance.
- Muscular Strength.
- Body Composition.
What is the best measure of fitness?
Aerobic fitness: Heart rate at rest Your heart rate at rest is a measure of heart health and fitness. For most adults, a healthy heart rate is 60 to 100 beats a minute. To check your pulse over your carotid artery, place your index and middle fingers on your neck to the side of your windpipe.
What means weight training?
: a system of conditioning involving lifting weights especially for strength and endurance.