- 1 Which is better quality or quantity?
- 2 What is quality and quantity?
- 3 What is the difference between quantity and quality?
- 4 What is quality example?
- 5 Why cost of quality is important?
- 6 What is the concept of quality?
- 7 Why is defining quality so difficult?
- 8 Why single quality definition is not sufficient?
- 9 Who is responsible quality?
- 10 Why is defining quality so difficult in project management?
- 11 How do we measure quality?
- 12 Who is responsible for quality in project management?
- 13 What are quality techniques?
- 14 Which are the 7 QC tools?
- 15 What are the three levels of quality?
- 16 What are the 7 key principles of quality?
- 17 What level of quality is appropriate?
- 18 What are the types of quality?
- 19 Does quality mean good?
- 20 What are two views of quality?
- 21 What is high quality products?
Which is better quality or quantity?
All our lives we hear how quality is better than quantity, that taking the time to do something of high quality will always yield the best results. That the quality of your creative work is so much more important than the quantity of your creative work.
What is quality and quantity?
Quality is a measure of excellence or of a state of being. It describes something, either of how it was made, or how if is as compared to others. Quantity, on the other hand, is the extent, size, or sum of something. It is countable or measurable, and can be expressed as a numerical value.
What is the difference between quantity and quality?
is that quantity is a fundamental, generic term used when referring to the measurement (count, amount) of a scalar, vector, number of items or to some other way of denominating the value of a collection or group of items while quality is (uncountable) level of excellence.
What is quality example?
The definition of a quality is a distinctive characteristic or trait. An example of quality is kindness. An example of quality is a product that won’t break easily. An example of quality is a well-made product.
Why cost of quality is important?
The true concept of cost of quality is a financial measure of the quality performance of an organization, helping to optimize the various costs to achieve the best quality achievable at a more reasonable price. In order to cut internal and external failure costs, prevention and appraisal costs must be increased.
What is the concept of quality?
Quality is the degree to which an object or entity (e.g., process, product, or service) satisfies a specified set of attributes or requirements. The quality of something can be determined by comparing a set of inherent characteristics with a set of requirements.
Why is defining quality so difficult?
ANSWER Quality is difficult term to define because different people will gives different explanation about quality. To improve our understanding on quality, we can actually need to recognizing fundamentals differences between how different function in quality is important.
Why single quality definition is not sufficient?
Example: Coca-cola – “quality is about manufacturing a product that people can depend on every time they reach for it.” A single definition cannot suffice because you have various stakeholders involved when producing a product or service.
Who is responsible quality?
Everyone in the organization is responsible for quality, on process ownership concept. not be dependent on someone else to look for and find what we missed… The quality of the product is dependent on the quality of the process, input material, the equipment, staff, systems, data, etcetera.
Why is defining quality so difficult in project management?
The idea of quality, on the surface, is abstract, ambiguous and difficult to define and measure. Measuring and managing quality in the context of project-based work further complicates matters as individual projects are often unique making it difficult to develop a set of criteria to measure against.
How do we measure quality?
Here are 9 practical techniques and metrics for measuring your service quality.
- SERVQUAL. This is the most common method for measuring the subjective elements of service quality.
- Mystery Shopping.
- Post Service Rating.
- Follow-Up Survey.
- In-App Survey.
- Customer Effort Score (CES)
- Social Media Monitoring.
- Documentation Analysis.
Who is responsible for quality in project management?
Every section manager should be responsible for the quality of their section of the works. The quality engineer, or quality manager, is appointed to assist the supervisors and section managers to monitor and record the quality, and to ensure the required quality systems are implemented and followed.
What are quality techniques?
Quality management techniques involve controlling activities and planning to ensure that the service or product is fit for the purpose. The quality of the product makes the reputation of the company and also it fetches the customers for the company. On these parameters or techniques, the product is created.
Which are the 7 QC tools?
7 Basic Quality Tool Templates
- Cause-and-effect diagram template (Excel)
- Check sheet template (Excel)
- Control chart template (Excel)
- Histogram template (Excel)
- Pareto chart template (Excel)
- Scatter diagram template (Excel)
- Stratification template (Excel)
What are the three levels of quality?
The levels of quality that the authors talk about are:
- Acceptable quality.
- Appropriate quality.
- Aspirational quality.
What are the 7 key principles of quality?
The ISO 9000:2015 and ISO 9001:2015 standard is based on the following Seven principles of Quality management.
- 1 – Customer Focus.
- 2 – Leadership.
- 3 – Engagement of People.
- 4 – Process Approach.
- 5 – Improvement.
- 6 – Evidence-based Decision Making.
- 7 – Relationship Management.
What level of quality is appropriate?
Acceptable quality level (AQL): AQL is typically considered to be the worst quality level that is still considered satisfactory. It is the maximum percent defective that can be considered satisfactory. The probability of accepting an AQL lot should be high. A probability of 0.95 translates to a risk of 0.05.
What are the types of quality?
7 Types of Quality
- Product Quality. Products that fit customer needs and fulfill customer expectations.
- Service Quality. Services involve intangible elements of quality such as environments, customer service and customer experience.
- Experience Quality.
- IT Quality.
- Data Quality.
- Information Quality.
Does quality mean good?
The quality of something is how good or bad it is.
What are two views of quality?
For example, in 1984, Garvin  has described quality from five different views: 1) Transcendental view: Quality, as synonymous with “innate excellence”, is something we can recognize but not define; 2) User view: This is a personal, subjective view of quality, which lies in the eyes of the beholders; i.e., quality …
What is high quality products?
If a high-quality product is one with superior performance or a large number of features, it will generally be more expensive, and will sell in smaller volumes. But if quality is defined as fitness for use, superior aesthetics, or improved conformance, high quality need not be accompanied by premium prices.